Strong Family, Strong Communities
Strong Family, Strong Communities is a ten-year plan to improve the well-being of NSW Aboriginal families and communities through housing.
Putting Families First:
- Improving housing services with a focus on families
- Partnering with human services (NGOs and health, justice, education and employment) so families thrive in their homes and communities
Strengthening the Aboriginal Housing Sector:
- Working with Aboriginal community housing providers so they are well-regulated
- Supporting providers to build their capacity and capability to provide better services for the future
- Improving data collection, analysis and evaluation to better understand needs for the future and improve services and client experience
Listen & Yarn
- The Aboriginal Housing Office has been Listening and Yarning with Aboriginal communities across NSW. We’ve been asking what is important when it comes to social housing.
- Find out What We Heard PDF, 1492.87 KB
Where To From Here
- Implementation Plan - What We Heard from Aboriginal people and families, communities and service providers has been used to develop the Strong Family, Strong Communities Implementation Plan PDF, 1973.9 KB. This Plan aims to provide stable housing for Aboriginal people and families and supports positive health, education and employment outcomes. It outlines what we heard and how we will respond.
Find out more: