Skip to Content

The NSW Government agency responsible for social housing FACS Housing offers services including:

Housing Contact Centre
1800 422 322

Provides maintenance, emergency repairs, as well as advice on Rentstart (bond) and home purchasing.

Emergency temporary accommodation
1800 727 555 (freecall)

Can be accessed locally through your nearest Housing NSW office.

1800 152 152 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)

Link2home is a single, statewide information and referral service for enquiries about homelessness in NSW.

9:00am to 10:00pm: Link2home provides callers with information, assessments and referrals to homelessness support and accommodation services across NSW.

10:00pm to 9:00am: Link2home provides information and assessment only and will refer to emergency services if required.

Agencies and organisations that provide services relating to housing and opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, include:

Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW
1800 246 545 (freecall)

Independent dispute resolution service for all electricity and gas customers in NSW, and some water customers.

NSW Fair Trading
1800 500 330 (freecall)

An Aboriginal enquiry officer is available at this rental consumer advice department of NSW Government.

Aboriginal Hostels
(02) 9310 2777
(02) 6212 2001

Provides temporary accommodation services throughout Australia

Indigenous Land Corporation
1800 818 490 (freecall)

Assists Indigenous people to acquire and manage land.

Homeless Persons Information Centre
1800 234 566 (within NSW)
(02) 9265 9087
(02) 9265 9081

Open: 9am-10pm daily (including public holidays)
An information and referral service for people at risk of or who are experiencing homelessness.

Indigenous Business Australia
1800 107 107

Programs to assist indigenous people in business and wealth creation.

Homelessness NSW
(02) 9331 2004

Contact point for information and resources relating to homelessness.