What We Heard from Aboriginal people and families, communities and service providers has been used to develop the Strong Family, Strong Communities Implementation Plan
This Plan aims to provide stable housing for Aboriginal people and families and supports positive health, education and employment outcomes. It outlines what we heard and how we will respond.
What We Heard Community Visits:
The AHO will be visiting communities across NSW to share what we heard, where to from here and talk about opportunities to partner with us.
Expression of Interest for Housing Providers:
The AHO wants to work with Aboriginal Community Housing Providers who are interested in growing and diversifying their services for Aboriginal tenants and families. Find out about registration
Evidence & Data
The Aboriginal Housing Office wants to enhance data collection, evaluation and analysis so planning is robust and resources are targeted where they are needed most. We’re committed to measuring our activities and building the knowledge and evidence base so we know if things are improving and so we can develop informed policy for the future. We’ll give equal consideration to the feedback we receive from families and communities on their lived experiences, housing needs and aspirations to other kinds of evidence and data.
We recognise the rights of Aboriginal people and families and communities relating to the collection, ownership and application of data about them, and about their lives and communities. The AHO also commits to sharing evidence and data with our stakeholders to ensure they can make decisions about their communities and organisations.
- AHO Housing Dashboards - These documents contain demographic, housing stock and other key information, is available by emailing AHO-Research-Analysis@aho.nsw.gov.au
Other Useful Data:
- FACS Statistics Social Housing Residential Dwellings Dashboard
- FACS Department of Community & Justice Statistics
- 2016 Census of Population and Housing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples Profile
- Estimates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples