Strong Family Strong Communities
Strong Family, Strong Communities is a ten-year plan to improve the well-being of NSW Aboriginal families and communities through housing.
Putting Families First:
- Improving housing services with a focus on families
- Partnering with human services (NGOs and health, justice, education and employment) so families thrive in their homes and communities
Strengthening the Aboriginal Housing Sector:
- Working with Aboriginal community housing providers so they are well-regulated
- Supporting providers to build their capacity and capability to provide better services for the future
- Improving data collection, analysis and evaluation to better understand needs for the future and improve services and client experience
Listen & Yarn
- The Aboriginal Housing Office has been Listening and Yarning with Aboriginal communities across NSW. We’ve been asking what is important when it comes to social housing.
- Find out What We Heard PDF, 1492.87 KB
Where To From Here
- Implementation Plan - What We Heard from Aboriginal people and families, communities and service providers has been used to develop the Strong Family, Strong Communities Implementation Plan PDF, 1973.9 KB. This Plan aims to provide stable housing for Aboriginal people and families and supports positive health, education and employment outcomes. It outlines what we heard and how we will respond.
- What We Heard Community Visits - The AHO will be visiting communities across NSW share what we heard, where to from here and talk about opportunities to partner with us.
- Expression of Interest for Housing Providers – The AHO wants to work Aboriginal Community Housing Providers who are interested in growing and diversifying their services for Aboriginal tenants and families. Coming Soon
- Expression of Interest for a Leading Community Demonstration Site. The AHO is looking for a community who would like to host and co-design a new service model to address housing and other social issues nominated by the community. Coming Soon
- Evidence & Data – The Aboriginal Housing Office has a range of evidence and data reports available which will be particularly useful for communities and organisations interested in submitting an expression of interest.
Find out more: