FACS is offering Scholarships to help students enrolled in education or training to complete their studies.
FACS is offering Scholarships to help students enrolled in education or training to complete their studies. Successful applicants will receive $1,000 to help with school expenses.
Applications open at 9am on Monday 22 January 2018 and close at 5pm on Friday 23 February 2018.
Through the scholarships program, students can use the funds to purchase items like course materials and equipment, or to pay for excursions and tutoring, so they don’t miss out on educational opportunities.
Scholarships are open to those receiving housing assistance from Family and Community Services, community housing providers or Aboriginal housing. This also includes students:
- on the social housing waiting list
- living in Out of Home Care – currently under the care of the Minister
- living in public, community or Aboriginal housing
- living in transitional or crisis accommodation or receiving supported accommodation through a specialist homelessness service
- receiving private rental assistance, such as a private rental subsidy, bond loan or tenancy guarantee.
For more information, visit www.facs.nsw.gov.au/education or for enquiries, please contact email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originally published 17th December 2017