The New South Wales Government has announced a $2.8 billion housing package which is about laying the foundation for inclusive, sustainable housing for NSW now and into the future.
Within the package there are significant funding elements to support the work of the AHO, including Phase Two of the Strong Family Strong Communities strategy and Closing the Gap Housing Solutions.
To find out more about the announcement, watch the video below:
Phase 2 - SFSC Strategy 2023 – 2026 ($67m)
- SFSC Phase 2 Program - $67.2m over next 4 years to expand AHO portfolio
- A further 320 Aboriginal Families into home ownership
- Helping people stay in their homes
- 300 Aboriginal Students to increase tertiary education skills and employment
- Transitional Housing for 161 vulnerable Aboriginal People and families
- Investing in upskilling for Aboriginal Housing sector staff
- Support ACHP’s with registration and growth
- Continued support payments for Aboriginal Community social housing
Closing the Gap – Housing Solutions ($150m)
- 200 new homes
- 256 major upgrades
- 4,440 climate upgrades to AHO stock
Other Budget initiatives include the following:
- Services Our Way Program - $5.8m for wrap around support
- Stimulus Flood Recovery Program - $70m to repair, replace and build new homes.
- Economic Recovery Funding - $38.3m for new homes, jobs, more ACHIF and SOW expansion
- Digital Restart Fund - $1.9m to develop tenancy management apps and supporting systems
Read the Premier's Media Release here.
Read the Minister for Homes' Media Release here.