The Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO) received Ministerial approval to transfer ownership of government-owned properties purchased under the Housing Aboriginal Communities Program (HACP) to AHO-registered Aboriginal Community Housing Providers (ACHPs).
The AHO invited Expressions Of Interest (EOI) from AHO-registered ACHPs that believed that they met the requirements for transfer of title of HACP properties.
HACP title transfer criteria:
- The Aboriginal community housing provider is registered with the AHO.
- There is evidence of a valid AHO Housing Agreement in existence and where required, evidence of a valid Head Lease Agreement in existence.
- The HACP properties are under the management or control of the Aboriginal community housing provider.
- The Aboriginal community housing provider is not under any form of external administration.
- The Aboriginal community housing provider must accept the HACP properties in their current state and condition, being clean, safe and habitable.
- The Aboriginal community housing provider must be willing to accept the conditions of transfer outlined below:
- The Aboriginal community housing provider remains liable for all rates, taxes and statutory charges.
- Upon transfer of HACP properties, the AHO will register and maintain a registrable interest in the HACP properties for an indefinite period pursuant to Section 21 of the Aboriginal Housing Act 1998 (NSW).
- The Aboriginal community housing provider must enter into an Agreement to Transfer to finalise the transfer.
- 9 March 2016
- EOI open
- AHO registered Aboriginal Community Housing Providers (ACHPs) invited to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for transfer of properties
- 22 April 2016
- EOI close
- June 2016
- ACHP advised of Panel Meeting time and place
- February 2017
- ACHP advised of assessment outcome and next steps
- 30 June 2017
- HACP completed
The Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO) acknowledges and agrees that it will comply with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) in connection to any personal information created or held for the purpose of evaluating Housing Aboriginal Communities Program (HACP) Expressions Of Interest (EOI).
Further information and Frequently Asked Questions
You can read our comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) which cover things such as eligibility criteria, basis of assessment, registration of s.21 interest, appeal process, and more.
If your questions are not covered by the FAQ you can get further information about the HACP by contacting us on 1800 730 869 (free call) or [email protected].