New South Wales Government Family & Community Services - Aboriginal Housing Office

Tenancies & applications

A range of fact sheets and application forms are available to assist new applicants and existing tenants make an informed choices on their housing options and gain access to services.

How to apply for housing

AHO Forms To apply for accommodation through the Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO):

  • Check eligibility here.
  • Apply through Housing Pathways here.
  • When accepted, obtain and provide confirmation of Aboriginality. Read the full policy here
  • To check your eligibility for community owned and controlled housing please contact either your local land council or Aboriginal Community Housing Provider. 

Once housed in either a mainstream Housing NSW (HNSW) or Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO) property, the new tenant will be classified on the registers of both organisations as being suitably housed.

To apply, use the Application for Housing Assistance Form



For a range of forms relating to matters such as:

  • Transfers and Mutual Exchange
  • Recognition as a Tenant
  • Review of Decisions 
  • Private rental assistance forms
  • Rent choice forms