FACS privacy notice
The NSW Government's privacy practices in collecting, storing, using and disclosing personal and health information are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW).
These laws have privacy principles that tell us:
- what information we can collect and how we collect it,
- how we store and protect personal and health information,
- how you can find out what information we hold and correct it if it is wrong
- how we can use and disclose your information including special protection for health and other sensitive information
- how you can complain about breaches of your privacy.
This privacy notice applies to the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) "the Department" which consists of the following entities:
- Community Services (CS),
- Ageing, Disability and Home Care (ADHC),
- Housing NSW,
- Strategy and Policy,
- Corporate Services,
- the Land and Housing Corporation,
- the Aboriginal Housing Office,
- and also the Home Care Service.
The Department and its related agencies comply with NSW privacy legislation when collecting and managing personal and health information.
The information we collect from you or from an authorised third party will be held by the entity that collects it, or by NSW Businesslink, the Government owned company that provides corporate support to the Department. It will be used to deliver services and to meet our legal responsibilities.
We may also use your information within the Department as a whole to plan, coordinate and improve the way we provide services. The Department is also legally authorised to disclose information to outside bodies in certain circumstances.
Further information about your privacy rights can be found on the Department’s website.