Housing Aboriginal Communities Program (HACP)
The HACP EOI has now closed
The EOI has now closed and we are currently processing all applications. If however your organisation requires more time to locate documents to support your EOI application, please call the Manager, HACP Program on 02 8836 9406 or 1800 730869 or email AskaboutHACP@facs.nsw.gov.au as soon as possible to request an extension.
Please note the opportunity to meet with the Chief Executive may not be available for late applications.
What happens next?
You will be invited to a Panel meeting where you will be given the opportunity to discuss your application with the AHO Chief Executive, Shane Hamilton, and his Executive Team. We are currently finalising venues and dates and the HACP Team will be in touch with you over the coming weeks to confirm your panel meeting time.
About the HACP Title Transfer Expression Of Interest
After extensive planning and negotiation, the Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO) has received Ministerial approval to transfer ownership of government-owned properties purchased under the Housing Aboriginal Communities Program (HACP), to AHO-registered Aboriginal Community Housing Providers (ACHP).
The AHO invites Expressions Of Interest (EOI) from AHO-registered ACHPs that believe they meet the requirements for transfer of title of Housing Aboriginal Community Program properties.
The transfer of titles to AHO-registered organisations will be for minimal consideration.
HACP title transfer criteria:
- The Aboriginal community housing provider is registered with the AHO.
- There is evidence of a valid AHO Housing Agreement in existence and where required, evidence of a valid Head Lease Agreement in existence.
- The HACP properties are under the management or control of the Aboriginal community housing provider.
- The Aboriginal community housing provider is not under any form of external administration.
- The Aboriginal community housing provider must accept the HACP properties in their current state and condition, being clean, safe and habitable.
- The Aboriginal community housing provider must be willing to accept the conditions of transfer outlined below:
a) The Aboriginal community housing provider remains liable for all rates, taxes and statutory charges.
b) Upon transfer of HACP properties, the AHO will register and maintain a registrable interest in the HACP properties for an indefinite period pursuant to Section 21 of the Aboriginal Housing Act 1998 (NSW).
c) The Aboriginal community housing provider must enter into an Agreement to Transfer to finalise the transfer.
The HACP Panel’s role is to engage with representative(s) from the ACHP and process their application for HACP title transfer. The panel will assess all applications in accordance with the eligibility criteria. ACHPs will be asked to provide evidence and further information as part of their submission to assist in the evaluation process.
The HACP Panel will include the AHO Chief Executive and members of AHO Executive Team as follows:
- Director Strategic Finance and Asset Management – Simon Newport
- Director Policy Planning and Design Innovation – Sally Kubiak
- Director Housing Client Services – Nicholas Sabel
- Acting Director Service Delivery – Glenda Buckley
The Panel will meet with each applicant to discuss their individual circumstances at specially convened Panel Meetings. Further details regarding the panel meetings will provided throughout the EOI process.
- ACHP submits EOI
- EOI will be reviewed by the AHO
- ACHP invited to meet with the HACP Panel to discuss the application
- The property will be fully surveyed to assess its condition
- The HACP Panel will make a determination and/or recommendation to the Minister
- ACHP is advised of outcome
- ACHP may appeal the decision
9 March 2016
AHO registered Aboriginal Community Housing Providers (ACHPs) invited to submit Expression of Interest (EOI) for transfer of properties
22 April 2016
2-4 weeks after EOI is lodged
ACHP advised of Panel Meeting time and place
8 weeks or more after your ACHP panel meeting
ACHP advised of assessment outcome and next steps
Information packs have been emailed to providers. If you did not receive an Information Pack, or if you require further copies please email us.
The Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO) acknowledges and agrees that it will comply with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) in connection to any personal information created or held for the purpose of evaluating Housing Aboriginal Communities Program (HACP) Expressions Of Interest (EOI).
We encourage applicants to seek independent legal advice.
Download the application form here
Post Housing Aboriginal Communities Program (HACP)
Expression of Interest
Aboriginal Housing Office
PO Box W5 Westfield
PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
Further information and Frequently Asked Questions
If your questions are not covered by the FAQ you can get further information about the HACP EOI process from the HACP team on free call: 1800 730 869 or email AskaboutHACP@facs.nsw.gov.au.