This website has been developed and made accessible with a view to encouraging public availability and the free exchange of information and opinion. Despite the relatively unregulated nature of the Internet, there are nevertheless a few matters which you should bear in mind when visiting our site.
Searching for information on the Internet
The advent of the Internet means that people like you have better than ever and faster than ever access to a vast amount of information. Of course, the output of any Internet search is dependent upon both the nature of the search engine and the search topic used.
- You should bear this in mind when performing searches through any Internet search facility.
- Similarly, you should not expect a search conducted through any search engine to provide you with an exhaustive list of the sources of information on the search topic.
The Aboriginal Housing Office (AHO) website, and any links from it to third-party sites, has been established as an information source and with a view to promoting tolerance, cultural and other diversity in our society.
You should, therefore, bear in mind that some material which appears at the AHO website and any linked sites may possibly cause offence or upset to some people.
- The AHO regrets, but can not take responsibility for, any such offence or upset caused.
- In the event that you are offended or upset by the material which appears at an Internet website, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Australian Communications & Media Authority (ACMA), who will then investigate the complaint and take such action as it thinks fit.
Visit ACMA to know more about its role in regulating Australian Internet content.
Due to the AHO's desire to promote a free exchange of opinion and information, it does not necessarily endorse or support the views, opinions, standards or information which may appear at this site or any linked sites.
- You should also not interpret the absence of a link from the site to any other site as a criticism or comment by AHO on the provider or content of that other site.
Unfortunately, AHO cannot warrant and does not represent that the material which appears at the AHO site or any linked sites is complete, current, reliable and/or free from error.
- AHO also can not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss, damage, cost or expense you might incur as a result of the use of or reliance upon the materials which appear at this or any linked sites.
- You should be aware that the providers of linked sites will often have their own protocols and standards in relation to their sites and the information which appears at them. We urge you to familiarise yourself with any such protocols and standards.